Thursday, November 14, 2013

The end of October.

Dun dun dun. The title just sounded ominous. you know how I love holidays, and kalob doesn't? Well, I don't know why I expected anything different. 
The couple days prior to Halloween were great, I'll admit that, but the day of...total letdown. 
 Here we are pretending to bubble bubble toil and trouble over a witches caldron. ( it's really just a cloud machine, but it was fun nonetheless.)
We carved our pumpkins. 
Look at those wrinkles I'm creating on my brow! man, I'll be 30 in no time, those frown lines are telling me. 
Cheeser! unfortunately I forgot to take a finished picture! Shame on me! I didn't have any tea lights; I asked kalob to pick up some, guess what he bought. real candles, in glass cups, Like glade. " it was cheaper to buy 2 of those, than buy a pack of ten tea lights" So our jack-o-lanterns gave off the smell of passion fruit party and oatmeal cookie!   
Our little leaguer loved going trick or treating at the Hogle zoo, even if this picture reads otherwise:)  they had tons of little candy stations, my favorite though was the Got Milk booth. They had a costumed cow and were giving out cold string cheese. Thoughtful huh! Frito lay was passing out Doritos. I just thought it was neat that vendors brought snacks instead of candy. well the vendor with the giant strawberry was whole foods, and Lincoln was terrified. I'm a mean mommy for taking the picture, but it was too good. There were zombies and devils but no, my kid cries over a fruit. 
  luckily, we did take him trick or treating here at the zoo a couple days in advance because my Halloween plans didn't go how I imagined. 
The plan was to go make dinner in logan at my moms. Then go trick or treating in her neighborhood. We live on a college campus in a crappy apartment, I didn't think he'd get the experience I was wanting here. Well...kalob then tells me that he must replace a water heater for someone. someone we love, and I'm not upset that he did it. but dissapointed that kalob did not make it back intime to go trick or treating. I've been married to him for almost 7 years, it's just how he is. Someone needs him, he's there, sharing his talents. how could he let them boil water to take a bath a day longer. I get that.  I'm selfish sometimes, I just wanted to take our baby door to door. I wanted to here him say trick or treat and thank you in his sweet little voice. Instead I made my Grammie duffel's vegetable beef soup and passed out candy. At least linc is too young to know what he was missing. next year, it's happening! maybe I'll insist kalob dress up in a family matchy matchy costume to make up for his lack of enthusiasm this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment