Monday, March 24, 2014

so.

So. 
 life changes everyday. good and bad things happen. life sucks sometimes. Sometimes I'm so happy I could burst.  I haven't been keeping up with the blog, because I'm keepin up with a two year old.  
 Today was one of the first times I saw my lil boy get hurt, on purpose. my heart broke a little bit inside. I realize that the other kid was young, and learning, just like Lincoln, but it put me in a bad place. When I hear about bombings, and attacks, planes going missing, these days I just don't feel safe anymore. How are we to protect our little ones from insane and/or cruel people.
  Just last week, my brothers were working sound at the SXSW concert week in Texas. Some drunk maniac drove straight through a crowd, killing and maiming people. Luckily everyone I love was safe, but so easily it could have been different.  Why are people so senseless? Why do humans hurt eachother? 

these are really heavy thoughts, I know. 

As I watched Lincoln get pushed at the top of the tallest slide for entering the bigger boy's "castle,"  he fell backward down the slide head first,  and flew out the end into the bark, I felt hopeless. His mouth was bleeding, he had bitten the side of his cheek. He was terrified. He cried the hard cry, where you wonder when the next sound will come out. He wouldn't go on the slide anymore. He kept coming to find me, every couple minutes he'd pop up from the sandbox and yell for me. My sweet boy. hopefully he's not traumatized and will slide again. I hear kids are resilient. I hope he's already forgotten. 
 I took him to Smith's after, and pushed a racecar cart around, a little longer than necessary since he loves it so much, and they gave him a balloon. Now he's tucked away in his crib, and I'm wishing he will stay my little baby forever, that he'll always pop up looking for me, that he will feel safe and protected. The world is a hard place to live in sometimes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment